When it comes to finding a great web designer, there are so many options that it can be confusing. What makes a great web designer, anyway? The answer to that is, it depends on what you are looking for.
Some Key Points to Consider When You are Shopping Around
- Are you looking for a design that looks great?
- Are you looking for a design that captures the most users?
- Are you just looking for a design that is unobtrusive for your information site?
- Does your site need to be interactive?
- Do you want to deal locally, or nationally?
- How much time do you have to shop around?
- What is the time frame of your project
- What is the reputation of the designer/company?
Steps to Finding the Perfect Designer for Your Project
- Decide what kind of site you need
- Do you need any web programming?
- Decide how much time you have to use to find a designer
- Ask around for referrals
- Ask prospective designers for their portfolio
- Ask prospective designers how the go about creating a web site
- See how much input you might have on your project
- Ask your designer what experience they have in designing sites like yours
- Ask about the terms of payment (some designers take payment up front, others require a deposit and payments as you go)
- Make sure they have a written guaranty
- Ask how many revisions you are entitled to
Local or National?
It might be tempting to use a big, national firm to design your website. You might be promised everything under the sun, and the designer probably can fill your order.
But, consider using a local firm. They are more easily accessible. You can stop in and meet your designer in person, get to know them a little bit. You want to find someone who won’t just crank out a boring website. You want someone who can inject a little bit of personality into your pages. Plus, by shopping locally, you keep your dollars in the local economy, helping make our area strong.
Consider Using the Following Firms
- Velocity Webworks,87 E 2580 S #B, St. George
- Blusuit WebDesign, 555 S Bluff Street
- Win Web Experts, 50 E 100 S
- Golocal Biz, 84 S 100 E
- Avid Web Solutions, 35S 400 W
- Element Web Design, 321 N Mall Drive,
- iBCScorp, 344 E Sunland Drive
- Innovation Simple, 249 E Tabernacle
- Avid Web Solutions, 225 N Bluff Street
- Northpoint Web Design, 1020 E 100 N
- TimeSupply, 166 N 300 W
- Network Creators, 1071 E 100 S, Building C, suite C7
- Malibu Marketing Co, 1240 E 100 S
- Design to Print, 67 E St. George Blvd
There are many options, make sure you do your homework when choosing a web designer.